Title: Android vs IOS: Ending the tug war- We know what the BEST is!
“If your business plans do not include mobile, you have no plans at all.”
Smartphones are an important part of our lives today. From the time we wake up to the time we go back to bed, we carry them all the time. If any business is just focusing on website optimization then there is a high possibility that your business is not achieving desired results. If giants like Google are focusing on “mobile-first” then your business must include mobile as a primary part of the business growth strategy.
The easiest way to connect with your audience today is to build a mobile app! Mobile applications are the most powerful tools to boost sales growth by exposing it to a larger pool of audience, effectively promoting your service by offering discounts and exclusive offers. Through data collection from mobile apps, businesses can analyze their user’s behaviour and create personalized emails, messages, enabling them to build a stronger bond with their audience.
Here are some staggering facts about apps that will make you want to build an app for your business!
- Mobile internet usage is skyrocketing while desktop internet is falling steep.
- 85% of the targeted audience prefer native apps over websites
- 90% of users spend more than half of their time on a mobile app consuming social media.
- 20% of millennials open an app 50+ times in a day.
- Approximately an average person uses 10 apps a day and 30 apps a month.
- Smartphone users spend about 90 per cent of their mobile time on apps.
- Mobile apps registered total revenue of $693 billion US dollars in 2020. It is forecasted to reach $932 US dollars by 2023
- Mobile applications have contributed around 42% in terms of mobile sales.
But…! There’s a catch!
Application development is not as easy as it sounds. It requires both technical and intuitive thinking. Building an app requires proper planning, coding, development, designing, testing, deployment, fixing bugs before launching it into the market.
But most businesses struggle to decide whether they want to build the extraordinary app on android or an Ios platform. The platform you choose will greatly impact the performance of your app and the results you want to achieve through your mobile application.
We know that you want to build your mobile application on the BEST platform so that it not only helps you to achieve your business goals but also gives you an edge over your competition in the market.
Before you hire a company to work on your mobile application you should know the pros and cons of each platform
Reasons why we love the Android platform
- Higher Returns lower cost
- Android is an open-source platform that makes it easier to launch an app with Android guidelines than stringent requirements.
- Getting your mobile app live on the Goggle Play store does not take much time unlike App Store
- There is no limitation inflicted on alpha or beta launch when writing a mobile app on Android.
- The android ecosystem offers various hardware integration and customization options.
Reasons why we don’t like Android platforms
- Android app development is time-consuming when it comes to development & testing. It is due to the inconsistency of the android versions in the various device.
- With Android app development it is almost impossible to target various devices of different screen sizes. The only option is to go for the most popular device size first.
- The new updates in the app are only supported by the newer android operating system.
- Writing a mobile app for Android lets you submit it to two markets i.e is Google Play and Amazon. However, it requires more time in the development of the app due to API configuration and customization.
Why we fall in love with the IOS operating system
IOS platform does not have a wide range of different screens which simplifies the development process, offering more stability.
- With the IOS platform, there is a high possibility of users purchasing the app as well as buy the in-app products
- It takes relatively less time and effort to develop an interactive user interface on the ios platform.
- It has authenticated toolkits tor app development
Why IOS fails
- Apple’s approval takes a lot of time to obtain; separate approval is needed for every release you roll out.
- You have to wait for a long time to get your app approved by Apple. Also, you’ll need separate approval for every release you launch.
- With so many app development restrictions imposed; it becomes difficult to customise mobile apps.
- With many iOS mobile app development restrictions imposed,e it is difficult to customize an app.
- Only fully developed and functional apps are accepted on the App Store.
- IOS platforms lesser opportunities to stand out due to app standardization
Before we jump to any conclusion you should consider these pointers while choosing a platform for mobile apps because it will decide where you will develop your app on Android or IOS
- user location
- your budget and development time requirements,
- how unique you want your interface to look
- your target audience.
Both the IOS operating system and the Android operating system have their upsides and downsides. But the winner is none. Read the title again and we know what best is! And when it comes to the best platform it really depends on various parameters like cost, budget, features, location.